My Little Los Angeles City Guide
I've only been to Los Angeles a few times in my life, and i'm planning a trip to visit there again next month! I'd love to know your favorite places in LA. Here's a little list of my favorite spots that I always go to whenever I visit, and some spots that i'm planning on visiting:
FAVORITE FOOD SPOTS:
• KazuNori - Ever since I tried the hand rolls at KazuNori, i've been dreaming of going back for more! The rolls are made fresh right in front of you, and it's best to eat it right away. The crab roll is my favorite! Ooh, just thinking about it makes me hungry.
• Sugarfish - I am a sushi lover, and it's no surprise that this spot is owned by the same people at KazuNori. They have sets that you can order so you can try a variety of sushi. Everything is high quality and so satisfying.
• Eggslut - Looking for a good breakfast/brunch spot? Check this place out! I wrote a blog post about my experience here. They have yummy breakfast sandwiches.
I wish I had better memory because these are the only three restaurants I remember right now haha! I will continue to add to this list once I try more places during my next trip!
DESSERTS + DRINKS:
• Porto's Bakery - I've been going to this bakery ever since I was a little kid and they never disappoint! My absolute favorite pastry there is the guava cheese roll. Get it!
• Bottega Louie - I wrote a post about my first experience at Bottega Louie and it was wonderful! Everything they have is so beautiful and carefully made. They are most known for their macarons. A bit pricey, but nice to try if it's your first time.
• Alfred Tea Room - If you're looking for an Instagram-worthy cafe, this is the one! Here they sell pastries, boba, and lattes.
• Milk - Try a macaron ice cream sandwich ($6) if you get the chance to visit Milk. It's a treat!
• Sul & Beans - Never tried Korean shaved ice? It's called "bingsoo", and makes a great dessert for those hot days. The shaved ice is covered with sweet condensed milk and various toppings.
• Griffith Park - I have yet to visit this place yet. It's something that everyone says to do when you visit LA. It's known to be one of the largest urban parks in North America. There are multiple trails you can take but at the top you'll find the Griffith Observatory and some beautiful views of Downtown LA! I believe the hike up to the Observatory is only about one mile.
• Universal Studios - I have never gone to Universal Studios, and i'm going to make sure I go next month! I'm most excited about Harry Potter World.
• Disneyland - The happiest place on earth, Disneyland is a must if you've never gone. I've gone three times in my life and even though the lines can be ridiculous for a five minute ride, it's super fun to feel like a kid again. Make sure you stay for the fireworks!
• The Broad Museum - I visited this museum last year and it was amazing! I wrote a blog post about it with lots of photos so be sure to check it out! You'll find so many inspiring artwork here, and it's free! Just be prepared to wait in a long line to enter.
• The Grove & The Americana - For all your shopaholic needs, you can head over to either of these shopping centers to find some cute stores and good food!
• MUJI - This store is like the Ikea of Japan. You'll find anything and everything here from furniture to t-shirts. I love to visit this store and stock up on gel pens! They're the best and affordable!
Los Angeles is a beautiful city and I always enjoy my time there! I can't wait to go back next month and share more favorites. If there is a place that is a must-try, please let me know! I want to go to as many places as possible.
— Love, Minna